Follow Me On Twitter

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My First Festival / Market is this Weekend in Humble, TX

Well, Peeps....Wish us Luck.....Mom & I are gonna give the festival thing a try this weekend at Trade Days in Humble, TX.  I'll have my handmade jewelry and upcycled purses/journals/dayplanners for sale, and Mom will have her gorgeous handmade cards there at a super low price, because she wants some major sales!

Let's hope things go better than the time we tried to sell designer clothing at the flea market in Security, TX....I don't think anyone in that neck of the woods (literally woods) had every heard of Chico's, Coldwater Creek, J Jill, or Talbots.  I sold 1 necklace that day, and we sold no clothing. 

I'm excited to see what Trade Days is like.  It's at the Convention Center on Will Clayton Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  If the weather cooperates, there's supposed to be a pretty good crowd.  I'm interested to see what other vendors show up too.  It should be fun!

UPDATE:  We had a ton of fun at Trade Days, and we're really looking forward to going there again the 3rd weekend in October.  We'll be in booth 17D, so come by and say Hi! 

We met so many awesome vendors and made some sales too, which was exciting. Everyone just loved Mommy's cards and thought they should have been much more expensive.  I agree, totally!

This is a very well run trade fair in my opinion. They allow the vendors to set up Thursday evening, and there is 24 hour security on the site, so you can leave your booth set up all weekend, which is a big help!
We loved it and can't wait to go back! 

I have to admit we did some shopping while we were there, so that kind of cut into our profits, but we couldn't help ourselves. There are so many awesome antique dealers there, as well as jewelry, supplies, 1200 thread count Eqyptian cotton sheets for $20.00 (couldn't resist!), and a really cool booth with everything Scottish. Mom & Dad bought a beautiful bonsai tree, and we got some great ideas for our booth set-up.

Hope to see you there!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment