Follow Me On Twitter

Monday, May 14, 2012

Haircut Ideas - I Can't Decide How to Cut my Hair!

I go through magazines and those books at the hair salon, and I never can decide. On one hand I feel like an idiot taking a picture of a celebrity or model & showing it to the stylist....like they're thinking I think I'm actually gonna look like that.  On the other hand, at least I'm not leaving it completely in their hands like I did one time in college - Big mistake!

I went to a salon in Austin when I was completely sick of my super long hair.  I told the stylist, "Just give me a style. I don't care what it is, as long as it's an actual hair style."  Whoa!  What the hell was wrong with me?!  My 2nd mistake that day was allowing the stylist to turn my chair so that I was facing away from the mirror - What the heck was I smoking that day?!  Yadda Yadda Yadda...I ended up looking like a palm tree with really long roots dangling beneath.  I kid you not.  Big spiked up bush on the top and long stringy strands of hair dangling below.  Tres scary.  I walked home crying and swore never to leave my room in the daytime ever again.  Thankfully, my friend Kristen took me by the hand and stormed back into the salon, demanding that the stylist give me a REAL haircut for normal people.  I ended up with super short hair, which was kind of a shock but ended up being really cute and cool.

So, now whenever I am tempted to grow my hair long again, I look back at photos of myself with cute, short haircuts, and I admire stylish cuts in the magazines and remind myself of how good it feels to be able to quickly style & go.  Whenever I have long hair, it ends up in either a ponytail or a hairclip.  Why even bother?

So, here are some of my current faves I'm looking at right now.  Decisions, decisions.....















No comments:

Post a Comment