Follow Me On Twitter

Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 3 - I think I'm starting to feel better & I'm definitely eating better

Carol, Fiber makes me...sad.

I love that Fiber One commercial, but I'm trying not to continue to live that attitude :)

I found out that my favorite protein bar was probably a major culprit in my intestinal issues, due to the sugar alcohols.  Sugar alcohols are great if you're eating low-carb and trying to control your blood sugar, but apparently they're hell on those of us with candida.  And from what I've learned, 1 out of 3 of us has candida over-growth & probably doesn't know it.  Poor diet, stress, antibiotics, birth control pills, and other medications lead to the imbalance and take over by the bad bacteria in our bodies, which can lead to yeast infections/thrush, depression/anxiety, autoimmune disorders, eczema, brain fog, muscle/joint pain, flu-like symptoms, ear and sinus infections, etc...

I'm only on Day 3, but I think I'm feeling better.  Maybe it's the placebo effect, but I don't care!  Today I've had detox tea and boiled eggs for breakfast and tuna and broccoli for lunch.  I'm drinking more water, and I'm taking my supplements and chugging the detox drink mixture (which is Not delicious).  So big improvement for me - Yay!  If I could lose some weight too, that would be a big Plus!

Eating out will be an adventure...I'm still learning what I can & can't have right now.  Last night the family wanted Chinese buffet, so I was very limited in what I could eat.  I didn't suffer, though.  I gorged on boiled shrimp and the salmon at the sushi bar with ginger.  I tried the baked salmon, but it seemed to be swimming in grease and wasn't good anyway.  I sure did want a beer, but I passed....sigh....This will take some getting used to, but I keep telling myself it's only this strict for a few months, and then I'll be able to add some good grains and some fruit, etc.  And it'll be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the fight! I feel really bad about the cheese sticks & corn dog I just had. Sonic got me with Happy Hour! Good luck & good health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Hour?!....makes me want a margarita! :)

    ReplyDelete