Follow Me On Twitter

Monday, April 30, 2012

Stylish Pet Supplies - Who Knew?


Get the Look: Dapper Dogs and Classy Cats

This week for Get the Look, guest writer Gabriella Cetrulo curates selections for your favorite furry or finny companion.
Living in New York, I’m always amazed to see how many of my neighbors own pets — and I’m not talking about goldfish. I see Siberian huskies twice the size of their owners! My first thought is, “How do they train their dogs to adjust to living in their teeny New York apartments?” My second is, “I wonder if those dogs are living like their owners?”
I used to work for a designer with two little dogs, and they dressed and lived as stylishly she did. They had amazing leather collars and rope leashes, wore chic sweaters in the winter, and slept on pillows that matched the decor of her apartment. In fact, what always impressed me  most was how she managed to seamlessly blend her pet’s belongings into her home’s design.
This inspired me to seek out pet items that enhance their surroundings, rather than compete. From modern to shabby chic, it’s now possible to find pet accessories to match any home.

Cat Beds


Pet Livin’


Modern Feeders


Shabby Chic



Antique & Feminine

Gabriella Cetrulo is a freelance illustrator with a BFA in illustration from Parsons the New School for Design. She is also the shop owner of vintage oasis Tomorrow Is Forever. She is in the process of opening a second online shop featuring her illustration work.

No comments:

Post a Comment